Is there a more perfect marriage of comfort flavor?
But commercial peanut butters can be full of naughty partially-hydrogenated oils and jellies are jammin’ with sugar. Blech. That’s nothing to dance about.
Here is our raw AB and J recipe that is full of nutrients and flavah! The bread does need to be dehydrated so if you want to save time, choose your own sprouted bread to use.
Let’s Fill Those Rumbly Tummies!
RAWKIN’ AB and J Sammie
Soak Time: 8 hours • Dehydrating Time: 7 hours • Chop & Blend Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup of buckwheat, sprouted or just soaked 8 hours
- 1 cup of ground flax
- ½ cup of cashew flour (grind ½ cup of cashews in a spice grinder)
- 1/4 cup of apple, diced
- 2 Tbs of honey or agave or maple syrup
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ – ½ cup of water, add gradually
- 1 1/4 cup of almonds
- 2 Tbs honey, maple syrup or agave
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup of berries (fresh or frozen)
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Tbs psyllium husk powder
- Place all ingredients in a food processor & blend until smooth & creamy.
- Spread mixture onto 1 teflex sheet to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Dehydrate for 3 hours at 110.
- Remove bread from teflex sheet & dehydrate another 3-4 hours at 110.
- Cut into 9 or 16 squares & use as bread!
- Place dry almonds in a food processor & blend for 10-13 minutes.
- The almonds will turn to a flour, a crumble & then into a spread.
- You may have to scrape the sides down once or twice.
- Remove almond butter from food processor & mix in sweetener & sea salt.
- Place berries, dates & psyllium husk powder in food processor & blend until smooth.
- Place mixture in a bowl or jar & place in fridge to thicken.
- Assemble your sandwich & gobble up!!!!!! Yummmmmmmm!
It’s Lunchtime Rawk Stars!!